Friday, July 21, 2006

Is W Our Most Conceited President?

I'm trained as a psychologist, but one thing that I find hard to ascertain in people is whether they're as conceited as they come across, or merely trying to mask their own insecurities.

I've come to the conclusion that W is really just a pompous prick. I've suspected as much most of the time and occasionally when he says or does something obnoxious, usually when he thinks it's a joke, and he sort of scans around hoping to see other people getting a kick out of it too.

But the recent G-8 meeting gave us some firm insight into what a jerk he is. Several observations:

1) Shit. I don't care that he cusses. I don't care that he did it in public. But I do care that he's from the "moral majority" party and uses the illusion of piousness to get his base to elect him. What do they say about the profanity? If he's doing it when he thinks the mics are off....

2) Irony. The situation he talked about isn't ironic. Harry's right, and we've elected a guy who never took enough English to know the difference between a bummer and irony.

3) Oaf. He acts like he and Blair are at some stag weekend where they can talk with their mouths full and just chew the fat. He also treats Blair like his lackey, when, as unpopular and misguided as Blair is, the guy can run circles around Chimpy when it comes to brains and eloquence. I think Blair has sold his soul to Bush, but the Brits are sharp enough to see it for what it is.

4) Assault. It's not cool to give an unsolicited shoulder rub to anyone, let alone a female head of state at a summit. Jeez. I've read that Germans tend to be less touchy than us, which simply reinforces the notion that W doesn't give a damn what other cultures do and just believes that they all want to be just like us. I wish she'd just tasered him in the balls.

All this is to say that I'm more sick than ever of being represented by a guy who takes his role so lightly and doesn't understand the magnitude of everything he does. If you're over your head, realize it and shut up. Don't make things worse.

But his conceit tells him that it doesn't matter because he's the king.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Homan said...

"tasered him in the balls"? That was the funniest thing I've read in a while.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home