Wednesday, February 01, 2006

George Bush, David Vitter, & SOTU

Vitter and I agree on almost no political issues. In fact, I probably referred to him as "Nazi" under my breath a time or two when he was running. It's stupid to refer to someone who's not a Nazi as a Nazi, whether it's "FemiNazi" or "Vitter," but I got sucked in. Anyway, the point is, I don't agree with his beliefs.

But still, I think he deserves props for how he's gone to bat for Louisiana after Katrina. He's been an aggressive campaigner for aid and restoration. And last night, he actually expressed disappointment that Bush didn't devote more of his speech to the Katrina Krisis, which may prompt Karl Rove to slash his tires or something. He stayed with the party line ("strong speech"), but didn't do the good-Republican thing and praise every word. I appreciate and respect that, Mr. Vitter.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't watch the SOTU speech. I respect my TV too much to give Chimp that much time consuming my pixels. Still, I've seen him speak a lot, and I've never seen what I'd actually call a strong speech. Our standards are so low that if the guy achieves subject-verb agreement we think it's the Gettysburg Address. So sad. Watch one of Clinton's speeches, and you'll see how far we've fallen. Most of the public calls it folksy charm; I call it bullshit and a shame that he's the most powerful person in the world.

Sorry, world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home