Monday, January 23, 2006

Hi, My President is a Moron

This may be stating the obvious, but Bush obviously cheated off the wrong person when he took Logic.

Why do we have all this emphasis on how necessary the wiretaps are? Isn't the question how legal they are? I'll be the first to admit that I can't be positive they're illegal, but I expect they are because a) they sure sound illegal and b) the administration is emphasizing how necessary they are.

If I was doing something illegal and wanted to get out of it, I too would probably assert how stupid the law is. But it doesn't work that way. If you want to do something illegal, you either get the law changed, or you are breaking the law. When will they see that we all agree that you can probably come up with some good information by spying, but that doesn't justify illegal activity. In a democracy, the ends don't always justify the means.

How does he get away with calling himself a conservative? In fact, he's just the opposite. When is my "small government" administration going to get its act together?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home